Oh Rats!

None - yet, I just don't want the little b&stards running around on my patio univited.

Since I'm bigger than they are and further up the food chain, they don't have to do any harm - I just don't want them about.

Dave

Reply to
david lang

Tell them then. Put up a notice.

But your mention of the food chain bothers me - dop you eat rat? Or anything which does?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Too stupid to read probably.

Interesting point - do rats have natural predators - apart from me that is?

Dave

Reply to
david lang

No idea. Predatory birds? Fox? Cats? Dogs?

We don't eat any of those so they're not significant in the Fisher food chain.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In fact, thinking on, what bloody use are rats to man or beast? Since they have no positive points I can think of and more than a few negative points (black death etc) why don't we just eliminate the bastards?

Lets wipe them out! I might start a one issue political party!!

Dave

Reply to
david lang

er - what use is any creature - including Man?

How many people do you know who have suffered from Black Death? And there's even some doubt about the link with rats now.

:-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Which species is destroying the atmosphere, poisoning the oceans and wiping out every other species on the planet?

Reply to
Bob Martin

Errrm. Would it be............rats?

Dave

Reply to
david lang

A primate whose capacity for technological advance outpaced its social development and ecological understanding - probably an evolutionary dead-end.

Reply to
Rob Morley

I'm gald you said that.

It's not rats.