Oh heck! Rat Trap gone missing

Paul Matthews

My bins are emptied weekly - but on a fortnightly rota of general waste and recycling stuff.

It doesn't give me a problem as we manage it properly.

Reply to
John

killing are actually to sqeamish to do it themselves.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Works OK here, too. Four of us rarely fill the waste bin in a fortnight and it doesn't smell unduly - anything likely to rot goes on the compost heap. If anything would have rats it'd be the heap, though I've seen no signs of them. If they are there they're keeping themselves to themselves.

Reply to
Skipweasel

The only way to manage it properly is to chuck the whole lot into one bin and for the collector of it to do as they feel appropriate/

They are paid a great deal of money to do this and should do their job properly rather than fobbing it off on their customers.

If they want to subcontract it back to me then that's fine. I will be happy to quote, but the price will be very high.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Do you know, that's odd because our cats won't eat shrews either. They eat the mice, and chew the heads off the rats, but mostly we just find the shrews dead outside the door, or in the hall.

Having said that, it's possible that the shrew we find in the morning is actually the 3rd of 4th of the night, and both cats are full ;-)

Regards Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

I don't think shrews taste nice. She had a baby one the other morning, after playing for a while she settled down into her "I'm going eat this pose". Took a preparitary bite then another proper one and her head jerked back and she dropped it. I think she did actually eat that one as she appeared at my side a while later with that satisfied look on her face and even after tapping out and moving every boot and mat in the area couldn't find the body.

One adult and another young shrew (both not eaten) and two voles (eaten) today.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Why, It works fine for most people. Is this something that's beneath you to sort your own rubbish?

-
Reply to
Mark

Why should we? We already pay handsomely to have someone else do it. It's yet another example of the State collecting the taxes and then not providing the service.

Reply to
Huge

There is that

P.

Reply to
Paul Matthews

Leaving aside the question of whether recycling will save the planet Targets for recycling are set by our EU masters.

If you really believe that if everyone just dumped all rubbish into one bin, food slops soiled nappies, paper, cans etc and your council could then economically separate the crap from the recyclable, you must be a media student.

-
Reply to
Mark

They say there are 60 million rats in UK.

There are also 60 million Uman Beens in the UK.

They say that "You" are never more than 10 feet from a rat.

But the nearest Uman Been is 30 feet away, situation as per usual.

No evidence of any rats in 30 years since the house was built.

Sorry, just noticed it's a Grauniad article.

As you were ...

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Irrelevant. I already pay for rubbish disposal. If the local authority want to play with it, let them.

I'm not convinced that recycling is economic even if you impose the sorting costs on the public.

Reply to
Huge