Odd elec socket in France

If you have the hotel receipt, you could send them a message asking the same question, as nobody here seems to know!

Reply to
Davey

I think that means the whole socket may be rotated rather than the pin swapped with one of the holes. See eg

Robin

Like the UK ones shown here:

Maurice

It's where the cleaning staff plug in their vacuum cleaner.

Special socket (always live), only use able by the vacuum cleaner which has a matching plug.

It also stops the staff from nicking the cleaner (unless they're prepared to re-wire it & people seem not to know how to do that nowadays).

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Looks like 2 and 5 to me with the extra hole actually being how its fastened to the wall, not part of the electrical system.

Reply to
Simon263

What I've already hinted at a number of times.

Reply to
Tim Streater