O.T. Anyone got a John Lewis Spectrum Duo DAB radio?

I've just bought one having read a good review in Which? in which it says it can act as a Bluetooth speaker as well as a radio.

I'm wondering about its battery life. Has anyone got any experience of that? I'm hoping it'll be better than older DAB radios I've had that get through batteries at a very depressing rate.

I've got some Eneloop AA batteries I don't use much so I was thinking of getting some adaptors for them to put them in this radio but suspect they'd only last about twenty minutes?

Reply to
Murmansk

No but I understand the chips that allow DAB plus are better on consumption than the old ones used to be. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I bought a John Lewis radio last year. It is coated in the dreaded 'soft-touch' rubberised matt plastic finish. After a short while on the window sill it is totally sticky, covered in cat hairs and toast and there is no way to clean it that I know of.

TW

Reply to
TimW

*Solvent* uPVC cleaner works really well (not the soapy water stuff)

- Wickes sell it. Isopropyl alcohol is OK, but you have to rub quite hard. I've just cleaned two Squeezeboxes and their remote controls with the former, with great success.

Reply to
Huge

Thanks! There are quite a few things around the house have gone sticky with that crappy finish. TW

Reply to
TimW

You're most welcome.

Reply to
Huge

So does hydraulic clutch fluid - much to my amazement. It may also remove and decals and legends so be careful what you use it on.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Oh, yeah, ditto the solvent uPVC cleaner. It's pretty aggressive stuff. I'm actually surprised the H&S fascists haven't had it banned.

Reply to
Huge