Nylon/non rust versions of kitchen cabinet hinges

At the bottom of our kitchen cabinet is a water softener. It's presence causes the cupboard door hinges next to it to rust. I've managed to slow the process by covering them in Vaseline, but the rust persists.

I've had a good old Google, and can't find nylon/plastic/marine grade stainless versions ?

You know the type, this sort :-

Mark Carver

Any good:

Or is the problem that 304 stainless isn't enough?

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Well thank you, it's food for thought. I stumbled across some boating/sailing sites, where it was implied 304 isn't good enough for these hinges etc in a salt water environment,

I may well buy a pair, and see what happens.

Reply to
Mark Carver

316 is certainly better than 304 in a marine environment, but 304 is still going to be better than plated steel.
Reply to
Colin Bignell

After 20 years mine got a bit rusty too, but I still had ten or so left over from the original kitchen build so I just replaced them... ...Try not to spill salt

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So, I've learnt one thing from two months of picking at this issue. I stupidly assumed all kitchen cabinet hinges are the same dimensions, well they're not !

I'm looking for a Stainless Steel version of this Hettich Full Overlay hinge that (as an example) this UK supplier stocks:-

But what I'm after is this (On Hettich's own website)

I contacted that UK supplier, and they were very helpful, and said they could order in from Hettich the hinges, but understandably only a minimum order of Qty 50. The same applies ordering directly of course.

I can't see any easy way, or any other supplier that has, never mind sell me, Qty 2 ?

I've found a few on ebay that might fit (Critical parameter is the 52mm pitch of the mounting screws) but they all seem to be from somewhere in China, and I can't get any vendor to tell me what that pitch actually is

Any ideas ?

Reply to
Mark Carver

Buy 50 and sell the rest on ebay.

I wanted some PCBS made up - I needed one of each of two types. The minimum order of 10 of each was WAY cheaper from China than even trying to etch ONE of my own...let alone have them made professionally.

(so if anyone wants a board with a mains power supply to drive, and 4 mains relays to be driven by, a Raspberry Pi...I've still got 9 left..the other one is controlling my central heating)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's one idea, I might make a rapid killing if I was to include a properly marked up drawing of them with full dimensions in the listing !

Reply to
Mark Carver

I suspect a lot of people make a (small) living from buying up job slots of stuff from China and selling it on ebay.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher