Not having a good day

I have managed to run two people over today.
I'll have to take the blame for the first one one matter how daft she was. As least she was not hurt.
Second one not my problem - and he needs a new bike and a change of underwear. And also not hurt.
--
Adam

I blame shared surfaces and raised tables for crossing roads around here for most of this sort of thing. Pavements were invented for a purpose, and segregated cycle ways were as well. To simply expect drivers to guess who has right of way or make eye contact with another user is a bit like Russian roulette. Brian
--
----- -

How can you run people over without hurting them?
--
Chris Green
·

He has a virtual car. Brian
--
----- -

Use a Fiat van which is very lucky to actually move much.
On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 20:00:16 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

she

of

Adrenaline is good stuff, until it wears off and the bruising starts to develop. B-)
--
Cheers
Dave.
On 23-Oct-17 8:00 PM, Chris Green wrote:

There are several videos on YouTube of people, usually cyclists or motorcyclists, walking away after being knocked over by lorries that pass straight over them.

Colin Bignell
On 24/10/2017 09:11, Nightjar wrote:

I think the best one is the guy standing next to an artic and second trailer when it gets sideswiped by a train at a level crossing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUxCglcdSik

ARW wrote:

Did you really knock a silly cyclist off his silly bicycle? If so, I take back all the things I've said about you. You could become one of my heroes.
On 23/10/2017 20:13, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Twas a child (well a young teenager) on a bike with no lights that rode straight out of a driveway in front of me.
The bike is fucked[1] but he will survive for another day.
[1] Scudo 1 Bicycle 0
--
Adam

ARW wrote:

I detest All cyclists. I hope that your van was not damaged and that you did not lose too much time. If you stopped the scum parents will try for a bit of compo.
They probably have a cctv anyway. Brian
--
----- -
says...

A bit harsh, no?
I assumed I was reading one of Harry's posts on Uk.d-i-y for a moment.
Kumquat May wrote:

No. Cyclists are the lowest of the low. Road lice. The dregs of society. IQ less than their shoe size.

On 24/10/2017 19:43, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Do I get extra points for mentioning that the other person I ran over was a jogger?
I'll still have to put my hands up to that one been my fault.
--
Adam

On Tuesday, 24 October 2017 21:50:51 UTC+1, ARW wrote:

How was it your fault unless you were driving on the pavement?
Owain

It was a blind pedestrian on a Pelican crossing, again.
On Wednesday, 25 October 2017 05:12:48 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:

*jogging* ?
Owain
On 25/10/2017 07:57, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

blind people jog and even run marathons.
On Wednesday, 25 October 2017 11:46:23 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:

Yes, but usually with a guide runner so they don't run in front of Adam's car.
Owain