Not entirely DIY question...

On 30/01/2016 13:21, dennis@home wrote:

BT (if you register with

Only for the first year - £21 per annum afterwards.
--
mailto: news admac {dot] myzen co uk

On 30/01/2016 15:10, alan_m wrote:

They never charged me so it must have changed.
dennis@home.?.invalid writes

It was free for several years, but they now see it as another revenue stream.
Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "diy" with "news" and reverse the domain

There has been an ongoing saga in the Independent about this. Apparently on a lot of BT deals it *should* be free but you have to demand that it's free each year that you renew - otherwise they start charging!
--
Chris Green
·

bert has brought this to us :

Caller ID is a free option on TalkTalk, as is anonymous caller reject and a blocker you can add numbers to - the few who do get through.
The TPS is worse than useless.
--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Bit of a waste of time IME. International sources are not controlled and many UK companies now ignore it. "Marketing surveys" are not included.
--
bert

On 30/01/2016 12:47, bert wrote:

+1 All my unwanted calls are flagged with International or Number Withheld, or if a number is given it's more likely to be a premium rate number.
The more annoying cold calls result in an automated message being left on the answerphone.
The latest scam calls inform recipients that it will be illegal to have a non-condensing boiler after September 2016 and to press '5' to contact a representative to order/fit a new boiler. Number withheld and no phone number given if the answerphone picks up the automated message!
--
mailto: news admac {dot] myzen co uk

On Sat, 30 Jan 2016 15:19:32 +0000, alan_m wrote:

Last time I was at my old man's, he had three calls in the space of a couple of hours telling him that he needed to give them his credit card number so that they could deliver his parcel, and could he please confirm his name and address...
Oh, right. So who's the sender of the parcel? "Umm, my computer isn't showing that." Shove it up your arse, then. <click>
On 30/01/2016 16:22, Adrian wrote:

And Microsoft have called me twice this week to say that they have been watching my computer and it has problems they will be able to help me wi.........
Call terminated at that point by me after I interrupted their script to call them thieves and liars and then invited them to eff off.

On Sat, 30 Jan 2016 16:53:08 +0000, F wrote:

I WANT ONE OF THOSE CALLS.
Not fair.
I just get "marketing surveys".

Well publish your number on here and I'll have a word with the guys down the pub.
--
bert

Well no doubt in a few years we'll be getting calls from poor Auntie pleading with us to give up our free TV licences.
--
bert

On 30/01/2016 12:07, Tricky Dicky wrote:

In the immortal words of Mr McInroe, "You can't be serious"!
The TPS is a complete waste of time. Most cold callers completely ignore it, and few suffer any serious sanctions for so doing. I've been registered for years - but *still* received loads of junk calls until I installed a trueCall call blocker. Now, I get virtually none.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Conversely, I've been registered with TPS for donkey's years and I rarely get any cold calls.
Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "diy" with "news" and reverse the domain
On Sat, 30 Jan 2016 22:59:44 +0000, Adrian wrote:

+1

Much as I hesitate to tempt fate, I have to agree. I keep reading threads about these nuisance calls, but just don't get 'em. Cannot remember when I last had one.
--
Graeme

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 07:57:18 +0000, News wrote:

Same here. One in every blue moon.
On 31/01/2016 10:40, Adrian wrote:

I'm not registered with TPS and I too rarely get a cold call.
--
Bod

On 31/01/16 10:49, Bod wrote:

It's them that end up listed on a sucker list. Nothing to do with TPS.
--
Adrian C

On 31/01/2016 07:57, News wrote:

My experience is that certain companies operating in the UK just use third party cold calling services from abroad or just ignore TPS. When registering with TPS years ago the number of cold calls did fall after a month and on average have remained fairly low but at certain times in the year, such as when insurance policies are due for renewal, the number of unwanted calls rises significantly. Calls offering help with PPI, accident compensation, boiler replacement etc. also tend to be cyclic with 5 or more calls in a evening for a period of a week.
ALL cold calls are from rip-off merchants operation close to the boundaries of criminality so they couldn't care a toss about TPS.
--
mailto: news admac {dot] myzen co uk