non slip flooring

I am just in the process of remodelling the bathroom and due to an elderly relative that lives with me I want to lay some sort of non slip flooring, has any body any ideas where to get it from or alternatives (eviction is not an option).

-- Yours Jason

snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com

Reply to
Jason

I think you should be able to order it from any good carpet seller. I recently obtained some for a disabled persons shower - it cost about £20 per square metre. The flooring has specs of what almost look like sand in it - this effectively gives a non-slip surface, without feeling rough. I only needed a small rectangle which made fitting relatively easy, but I found the grains in the surface made it very difficult to cut as it immediately blunted the knife I was using. I managed to solve this by making a cut most of the way through from the rear surface and then breaking the covering along the line of the cut. This might be awkward if you need to fit it around complicated shapes.

James

Reply to
James

Amongst others this type of flooring is made by Altro - Altro Safety Flooring or by Polyflor - Polysafe - a local flooring contractor should be able to help. You can even cove form it to carry it up the wall to form a waterproof skirting but that requires access to a hot air vinyl floor welder.

If your in Shropshire/Mid Wales - look in the phone book for Cooper & Williams (Shameless Plug).

- Steve Lowe

- E-Mail : snipped-for-privacy@usa.net

- Before Replying Remove .NO.SPAM

- UK Resident although my e-mail address is usa.net

Reply to
Steve Lowe

thanks for all your help will look into it, thanks Steve I am on the Staffordshire/ Shropshire border.