Non-metallic hot water cylinders

And very pretty!

I think I'd not bother with the 'ladies'. There's plenty of cover anyway ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Hehee! Good luck. A copper roof huh? What an ostentatious display of wealth! ;-)

Reply to
~misfit~

Nice collection of cave wetas you have there Matty.

Reply to
~misfit~

screen)

Zealand?

I'd never heard of wetas until today, when a friend (Auckland) blogged about finding a 2" long one stuck up their hot water tap. None, then two of you. Clearly it's an invasion.

If the orcs weren't enough, New Zealand also has 4"+ roach-crickets to worry about. I don't want to go there any more.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Easier to cut too, just use a hacksaw.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Should be able to get a decent meal from a handful.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Don't last as long though - and look naff. Perhaps that's why it's not touched, there's honour of some kind even among thieves!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Bearing in mind where they seem to live - I think I'll pass.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

You're not a gardener who mulches with manure then :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

No, just an axe.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

So what is your Solartwin? Water loop, or something better?

Because if it is some newer improved version, then it _ought_ to have a stagnation temperature high enough to damage plastic pipe! If it doesn't, it's ineffective in comparison to heatpipe / vac tube systems that can do this.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

The plants are a pretty good filter. The bugs, on the other hand, are likely to have eaten ...er... I think you can work it out.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Aye.

Damn! It was supposed to be undercover.

Ehhh, wetas are harmless as long as you leave them alone. I believe the Giant Weta is the worlds most massive insect? In a country without native mammals (barring bats) insects and birds evolved to fill empty eco-niches.

Cheers,

Reply to
~misfit~

Just talking to a builder this afternoon.

4 weeks ago, he got quite a good amount for an old h/w cylinder. Today (or rather yesterday), they're worthless. You can still get something for clean copper, but scrap yard wouldn't pay anything for old h/w cylinders (although they will take them for nothing). Apparently there's a backlog of copper in the chain but suddenly no demand for it. Same with lead.
Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Wondered why my battery supplier wasn't too keen to take 8 dead UPS batteries yesterday, they used to snap my hand off when I say "do you want the old ones?"

Reply to
Andy Burns

Damm and double damm!..

We've a pile of 'em at one location I was stockpiling them!!

Reply to
tony sayer