noisy radiator in the bedroom

I have a noisy radiator in the bedroom, it ticks and clicks as it heats up and cools down. Any ideas or do I have to replace it. Thanks.

Reply to
Piperson.

Piperson. formulated the question :

It is probably the noise of it expanding and contracting against its support brackets. The hook in the support bracket is supposed to have some plastic inserts placed on it before the radiator is lowered onto it. Many installers ommit them, which causes this expansion noise. Try a little WD40 sprayed on the points of contact with the bracket, to let it slide more easily.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Reply to
Piperson.