Noisy cold water system

Hi

When I drain water from our cold water tank (located in the loft) the refill is very noisy. This is true when drawing off cold water, or hot water from an immersion tank. Please will someone suggest how to fix this problem, and indicate the degree of difficulty?

Thank you

David

Reply to
Aldrich

(Amounts to the same thing of course, because the hot water tank is filled from the cold tank) Please will someone suggest how to fix this problem, and

You presumably have a ballcock valve at the moment? Try fitting a different (ie quiet) type of valve, like a Torbeck or Fluidmaster (available from B&Q etc for about a tenner).

Lots more info available by searching the archives of this group - see

or
? Pretty easy. You'll find instructions on the packet.

David

Reply to
Lobster

Hi Lobster

Thanks for your reply. I have looked at the Fluidmaster type of valve but I thought they were only for toilets. Do I need to get a specific type for a loft cold water tank?

David

Reply to
Aldrich

A side inlet Torbeck should do it.