No Wet Wonder Foam - any good?

This stuff is advertised on TV late at night, and I wonder if anyone has used it, and does it do what they say (hard to believe).

I've tried Vanish on some carpet stains, and it doesnt work.

Many Thanks

Reply to
Richard Faulkner

No, it doesn't work any better than any other cleaner.

Si - Conned by QVC

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

I've tried the foam you get for a pound in pound shops. It does nothing on its own but if you spray it on the carpet followed by a kettleful of hot water and then foam that up with a dishbrush, then squeegee the foam out of the carpet with the scraper end of the dishbrush, it's quite effective on some things, but not alas brown shoepolish on a cream carpet.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

no need to be conned by QVC, just send it back. Never had any probs with them. Admittedly you got to pay for the postage.

Reply to
simon beer

This was ages ago - I didn't think about sending it back at the time because we used most of it finding out it was no better than anything else on offer.

Vax shampoo is very good at removing old stains. I dare say it doesn't actually have to be used with a Vax machine to be effective.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

I've always wondered how effective that product is. The 30 minute advert almost bores you into submitting to buying one.

Surely all those supposedly "real" users that endorse the product in the ad aren't telling porkies?

Those Titanium knives also seem too good to be true and that bloke that's always on with that glorified cheese grater thingey.

Reply to
RedOnRed

The knives are good but no better than the ones you can get from Ikea or Argos etc.

As for all these cleaning products, they always use totally synthetic clothes/carpets to test on so they look very good at removing stains.

It's all bog standard product just sold with some slicker marketing - the kind they also use at exhibitions. Which brings me to my own sorry tale - went to a home exhibition where one of the stalls was selling a tile cutter with integral wire cutter and a drill attachment to drive screws. Yep..I was impressed with the bullshit display and paid =A325 or so for the 2 items - the stall holder stated they were both sold in Wickes for twice the price. Well, they aren't sold in Wickes at all and they're worth about =A315, absolute max, in the real world. Next exhibition I see that company at I'm gonna heckle 'em!

Reply to
daddyfreddy

That's good to know.

I've heard Shun knives are supposed to be the canines goolies. Although very expensive.

Reply to
RedOnRed

anyone has

nothing

These are skills are predecessors had; try Mrs Beeton, she has a whole range of carpet cleaning goodies to recommend and explain.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

replying to Richard Faulkner, beez wrote: It is (unprintable) BRILLIANT... can't get it anywhere any more... if you have a source, please post it.

Reply to
beez

. posted on April 19, 2005, 12:32 pm Funny how these products change and go away.

Please folk. after such a time its probably best to start a new thread and then quote from any post you are replying to. Out here in the wild, we use an interface that tells us only what you posted, not anything on the web site you posted from. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff