No Nails sticky strips

Anybody got any opinions on these?

I bought some because they were on special offer in Tescos...

I notice from the pack that they claim something like 2Kg per strip....

Anyway, tried stuicking a magazine rack (only light metal) to a wall. Seemed to stick for a bit and then fell off a few hours later. I think it might work if you hold the item in place with something else for 24 hours first (they claim u need to do this).

Reply to
paulfoel

I think we know why they are on special offer :)

2kg per strip doesnt sound much, I think gaffa tape would have similar hold (please dont gaffa tape anything to the wall and blame me when the missus goes ballistic )

I think the name "no more thumb tacks" may be in order

Reply to
simonsmith.uk

In article , paulfoel writes

I'm sure that between two perfectly prepared surfaces, left for the requisite length of time that the adhesive will hold, in tension, a 2kg weight. In shear, not waiting for a full bond and not on the perfect surface I suspect it will be a lot less.

Also, did the strip come off clean or did is take some of the wall surface with it, bit of paint, dust, wallpaper?

I'd never rely on a bit of glue on a surface for a load bearing job like that. (After previously singing the praises of chemical anchors here, I had to think twice about my wording :-).

Reply to
fred

strip....

similar

I bought some because they were on special offer in Tescos...

strip....

similar

hAha I did the same thing - Tescos offer - did some DIY in my bathroom putting up a handtowel rail, middle of night the children are woken with a loud crash from the bathroom, the Ghost was No More Nails!!! and I was going to put up the new shower screen with it too!! Glad I waited now. My better half dislocated his shoulder and is in a sling so I am trying to do all those odd jobs myself. So far we have three big holes in the wall and no rawl plugs big enough to fit, this is for my microwave shelf - I wasn't going to risk No more Nails on this project, we have a leaky tap where I was trying to change tap for a new extendable hose thingy, and now the towel rail - no damage done though, thankfully.

Reply to
VCox