Newton's cradle

On Jul 4, 8:42 pm, Mike Barnes wrote:

> (you could DIY a slightly neater looking version I'm sure)

I think I could make some neat clips out of strips of sheetmetal and roll the join together.

Nobody had mentioned duct tape. I have some clear duct tape! I have now bought the billiard balls (new) for almost nothing.

Reply to
Matty F

This thing works because and only because of the elastic property of steel.

Roger Dewhurst

Elephantiasis of the testicles is no joke!

Roger Dewhurst

Where were you when I last discussed this? You mean my billiard balls won't work now that I bought them? :) However I just tested them. They seem to work fine!

Reply to
Matty F

Would a single cable tie secured in place with something like Loctite to stop it slipping off work?

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Putting "newton's cradle" into youtube brought up

guy has a website
I liked

ARWadsworth

Loctite sticks to plastic?

Reply to
Gib Bogle

large inner diameters) at each side of the ball and four rods connecting them, forming a cage around the ball. With the right kind of metal, acorn nuts etc. I think it could look quite interesting.

Reply to
Jules Richardson