New wires through old holes and notches legal in Part P - and clipped

I'm running new wires for sockets and lights, but the existing notches and holes in the woodwork are in the wrong places for Part P.
I hesitate to drill new holes further weakening the structure.
Is it OK to use exisiting notches? I have some steel plates to go voer them which I bought from CPC Farnell
[George]
On 02/12/17 16:17, DICEGEORGE wrote:

Of course - because they are there and you are not introducing additional weaknesses (the hole spacing regs are building regs, not electrical regs as such - they are mentioned in the electrical regs guides as they are relevant.

If the cable is <50mm from the top of the joist, that is a very wise move :)
On 02/12/2017 16:17, DICEGEORGE wrote:

That one is down to the BCO.
But he would be insane IMHO if he made you drill more holes.
--
Adam

replying to DICEGEORGE, Iggy wrote: You're absolutely right with the steel plates to satisfy the regs, they should be thick and/or hardened. Use the old holes and anything too close to the edge should get a Safety Plate, applies to pipes too. If you need more or desire made-for - Expamet Galvanised Steel Safe Plate http://www.diy.com/departments/expamet-galvanised-steel-safe-plate/35545_BQ.prd
Iggy, those are like the plates I have. EXPAMET GALVANISED STEEL SAFE PLATE I may need more though. thanks George