New garage door needed:-)

18 garages with one 6A MCB for all 18 lights:-)

And there are complaints that some people have already installed sockets on this circuit to charge disability scooters, power freezers etc.

Reply to
ARW

Sounds like they could do with a rewire, any one know a good electrician?

Reply to
Bill

New door ordered and this one will be wider. Got a builder in and with a new style garage door (so that the lifting arms are out of the way and with the brickwork altered) there will be a 9 inch wider gap. And remember, this was not a wide garage door - to get an Audi A8 to fit in you needed to fold in both wing mirrors.

Something my Dad has wanted doing for the last 10 years.

Dunno how much of my inheritance they are spending on this:-)

Reply to
ARW

Wouldn't it have been better to get one that was TALLER?

Will the frame for the new door fit behind the opening, rather than within in? That gains another few inches.

Could you get out the car when it was inside though? Last car of mine that went in my garage was a Golf in 1991, haven't even bothered trying the any of the six cars since then.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Not possible or very expensive:-)

That is how we got the 9 inches. 3 of them are due to the new door frame, 6 due to the brick work alterations.

Yes but only if you also park up to one side of the garage (ie passengers need to get out before you park up). And NOT using the garage is NOT an option - there is very little other parking available at the seaside.

Reply to
ARW