New for old light switch

I have a 2 gang light switch I am replacing. On the old one it has: Com, 1 way 2, way, The new one Com, L1, L2 Am I correct in assuming the 1 way = L1 and 2 way = L2

Reply to
ss

Yep. And you can check that with a meter or by wiring it in test config too.

Reply to
grjw

Thanks thats what I thought.

I have a meter but not fluent in using it other than a wire registers

240v or not. So I take the wires out and replace in the same configuration as the old one that my safest way with limited knowledge of electrics. Test config I havent a clue what that means. :-)
Reply to
ss

Yep.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:de59d7b2-f357-42c8-80f4-bc3b82b464b3 @googlegroups.com:

Convention woul dbe tha the incoming live goes to Common and the light feed goes from L1.

You may have to bridge the Commons together - is it like that now?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Yes.

Reply to
John Rumm

Job done, thanks all for confirming wiring for me.

Reply to
ss