New electrics and plastering

Could anyone tell me please......if we have had our walls chased out and an electrician has rewired our house with conduit laid into the chased out areas, is it better for us to fill the channels with concrete before the plasterer comes and plasters the wall, or is it better to leave the channels empty, or just put a bit of concrete in to hold the conduit and socket boxes in place??? Thanks in advance Mara

Reply to
Mara

In message , Mara writes

Well it wouldn't be concrete it's be mortar or plaster. When we had ours done the plasterer said just to leave them , though if there deeper holes say around back box i partly filled them.

Boxes should have been fixed in place - most likely screwed - anyway. A few strategically placed masonry or galvanised nails will hold the conduit in place.

Reply to
chris French

No, no way.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

In last house, used blobs of "no nails" to hold the conduit in the channel, which holds it fixed whilst plastering over. The plasterer just plastered/skimed straight over and once all dry no sign of any work/rewiring at all. Oh he PVA'd the lot thoroughly befored plastering.

Reply to
Ian_m

I'm presuming you're getting the plasterer in to skim the walls - i.e. apply a finish coat over the old finish. In that case you'll need to use some bonding or concrete to make the chases flush before the skim coat. Either you'll have to do it or the plasterer will.

Reply to
daddyfreddy