New carpet blues

Our new wool cream carpet is luvverly, but every time we try and remove a mark, even using water alone, we are left with a lighter patch of carpet. 1001 carpet cleaner has the same effect. The manufacturer sent an 'independent' assessor to do a report, but the retailer tells me that he conluded that there was no manufacturing fault. I'll know more when I have sight of the report. Anyone had similar problems?

Reply to
Homer2911

If pure water is removing the dye, then it is a manufacturing fault.

Either the wool had not been through mordant or it has not been fixed properly.

Reply to
EricP