New Candy washing machine

Good morning all,

I hope I'm in the correct group for this questio, so here goes. Yesterday, I had a new Candy washing machine delivered. Following the instructions provided, I laid the machine down on its back to remove packing etc prior to use. At this point about a pint of water poured onto the kitchen floor!

My question is, would this water have been the what was left after "testing" at the factory or, have I been sent a recon or a "returned machine" from the distributor?

Thanks

Reply to
katzpor

Good morning all,

I hope I'm in the correct group for this questio, so here goes. Yesterday, I had a new Candy washing machine delivered. Following the instructions provided, I laid the machine down on its back to remove packing etc prior to use. At this point about a pint of water poured onto the kitchen floor!

My question is, would this water have been the what was left after "testing" at the factory or, have I been sent a recon or a "returned machine" from the distributor?

Thanks

Reply to
katzpor

There's often a bit of water left in from when the factory tested it. My Miele instructions warned of this...

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Pretty normal, I think. My last two machines have had some water in them.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Are you sure it's water, or was the delivery man 'caught short' on the way :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Sounds normal to me, the instructions usually detail this and also tell you to put the machine on it's hottest wash without any clothes in, to clean out any solvents/oil etc.

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

Thanks to both of you. Pity my instructions didn't cover the probability of flooding the kitchen.

Reply to
bemie

I bought two Hoover machines last year, both had a small amount of water in them. The manual even warned of this.

Reply to
Mark Hewitt