New boiler condensate run

A friend of mine has had a new boiler installed. This is of the condensing variety and the condensate goes from the kitchen into their conservatory.

The conservatory has a washing machine and has the waste water trap/outlet. The conservatory is a lean to type and not heated.

The washing machine empties into a typical setup with a vertical pipe and U-trap which then empties into the waste outlet.

The plumber has T-d the condensate run into this vertical of the washing machine trap.

Apart from leaking which is another issue, I thought the condensate shouldn't go through further traps for risk of freezing. Am I correct?

Reply to
Fredxx

If the conservatory freezes he'll likely have to buy a new washing machine. The plumber may well have taken this into account.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

That is a good point, I just thought the condensate run shouldn't go through a trap.

Reply to
Fredxx