New Alpha Bolier Dead

Got a new Alpha CD32 combi boiler fitted on Tuesday and it was fine until I came home early this afternoon and thought it was a bit chlily .The thermostat was indicating that heat was bering called for so I looked at the boiler and a red warning light had come on and the manual said to operate the reset switch . That didn't work and nor did anyhting the installer suggested by phone so he is coming out tomorrow morning .I tempted fate by telling the installers Girl Friday when she phoned this morning that everything was hunky-dory .GRRR !!!! Stuart

Reply to
Stuart B

I said in your earlier query you should have held out for the Alpha 7-Day Wireless Easy Stat :o) No, sorry, only joking - I'm glad it's not us without any heating and you have my sincere simpathy. Let us know what the outcome is - especially as I also have the CD32C and am interested in knowing for future reference.

John.

Reply to
John

Will report back John but it might need an Alpha callout if it isn't something obvious that the installers can fix . At least I have a gas fire and hob and an electric shower so it's not too bad .

I also found that the thermostat has a "frost" setting operated by a 3 second push of a button so I can if I wish utilise that at night which takes it down to 5 degrees C .........just means that setting will still be on in the morning ..although I could take the thermostat to bed with me ..lol

Reply to
Stuart B

Well the update is that the installers came out this morning ...ran a few checks which showed nothing untoward..other than the boiler wouldn't light.....and decided to remove the clip-on cover to enter " Alpha Territory" .... After a minute or two the guy noticed that up at the very top,inside the casing,was a small gauge white plastic tube that had come adrift ( obviously not fitted properly in the factory) ...muttered something about an air switch... and he refitted it ,tightened up the clip and all was well .. If you look on Page 5/Fig

2B in the Installation Instruction Book right up at the top to the right of the flue conection thats where the tube fits on .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart B

Ah, right. Thanks very much for the info Stuart. It's always good to know these things "just in case" :o)

John.

Reply to
John