Neutral and Earth wrong way round

Thinks like a whole house RCD would date it to somewhere early 80's (like the place we just moved into)

With a TN-S or TN-C-S earth, then it probably would work ok... not good though!

Loose wires are not uncommon on older installs. It would probably be worth the tedium of taking off every faceplate and tightening as required and carrying out a visual inspection as you go.

Reply to
John Rumm

lol

NT

Reply to
meow2222

If you just had a survey - even a full one - a surveyor will carry it out. They are looking at the structure of the building and the result usually explicitly says that it is not an electrical survey.

I gave up having electrical surveys after just one as it seemed to be more concerned with the fact that the house did not fully meet the _current_ wiring regulations and had some 45 degree cable runs and did not spot the spur from spur from spur set up in one room. I was more worried that there might be something dangerous in place.

dan

Reply to
DanS