"Neptune Wall Wash" wall lights from B&Q

I've just put a couple of those lights up. If you're thinking about getting them, or any of the ceramic types in the range, watch out when you fit them because they're very easy to crack. I've cracked both of mine. User Error (especially the one where I stood up and hit it with my head) but they are VERY easy to crack when you screw the fixture to the wall. If I was doing it again I'd make sure I used a very long shafted screwdriver as the screw holes are slightly below the level of the top, and even if you take great care not to overtighten (as I thought I was doing) they seem very susceptible to cracking at the far left and right of the fixture where it starts to curve down.

I was tempted to take them back but I couldn't put my hand on heart and say it was poor product. Anyway, it was quicker to fix it with Superglue than drive back to B&Q. If you've just bought these or are thinking about it, remember to use a delicate touch.

Dougie

Reply to
Dougie Nisbet