Neighbour's shed

On top of all this there are covenants. The estate upon which I live has covenants on the deeds preventing enclosure of the front garden; the building of any form of structure whatsoever, including sheds, in the back garden; and the keeping of animals on the land.

The original purpose of these covenants was to help the builder sell the last plots, and all 3 covenants are now largely ignored. Since the original covenant was with a firm that has gone bankrupt/been wound up 25 years ago for tax purposes, I imagine the remaining beneficiaries round here are the neighbours - most of whom have already broken the terms.

But you never know. It's worth talking to your solicitor

Reply to
Robert E A Harvey

Owain posted

Solicitors always used to use answers like "the vendor is not aware of any current planning applications but please rely on the usual searches". I don't see why the same formula shouldn't be used now.

Reply to
PeteM

Yes.

There's no reason why the council should be involved - they will tell you that if planning permission is not needed it's none of their business. You are likely to have the right to be given notice of the proposed construction under the Party Wall, etc. Act but while that will let you make it troublesome for your neighbour and cause them some unplanned expense it will have no effect on whether or not the building is constructed.

jb

Reply to
Jeremy Barker

So do I. Our neighbour put up a 'garage' on our boundary which was used as a mini warehouse. I don't really mind because it forms a sheltered wall to our garden but we weren't asked or told, the building wasn't good, they damaged our hedge and trees in the building and then he objected to damp because our soil was against his wall and he wanted us to dig it out and put a damp barrier in. He also told us not to paint the wall but to leave the (badly pointed) breeze blocks as they were.

Needless to say we've pointed and painted the wall ...

His neighbour behind objected to the structure and I got the blame ... that REALLY upset me :-))))))))))

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

You should have just said "I don't mind if you knock it down."

Reply to
Ian Stirling

The message from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

And did you kick his neighbour's behind...?

As you were. (I bet his neighbour behind regretted blaming you!)

Reply to
Jaques d'Alltrades

I think the planning department normally identify who made which objection. That's what they say on planning applications round here. So if he took it out on you it was probably because he was too much of a coward to face the objectors. Maybe you should just take the opportunity to bluff him out so he's scared of you too in future.

Reply to
Inge Jones

Inge... nice to hear from you. Where have you been??

I think the neighbour ought to be ashamed of himself.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Oh I left diy because someone kept annoying me but I can't remember who or why now :D

I haven't been here long, I usually natter in alt.gossip.royalty and alt.games.the-sims.

Reply to
Inge Jones

Welcome back.... :-)