Needed: small "gel" pad to act as door stop

Hi,

I have had to install two mirrored cupboard doors too close to the adjacent wall. Currently the doors are covered in cardboard for protection, but that tends to impact the performance of the mirrors.

My idea is to put some "door stops" on the skirting boards so the doors can open but not hit the walls and risk breaking. I'm thinking along the lines of self-adhesive "gel discs" that are about 2 cm in diameter and between 5mm to 1cm thick. The idea being that when a door opens near the skirting, the gel pad "cushions" the door and stops it hitting the skirting. Any idea where I could buy something like this - or any alternate ideas on how to stop the doors opening too far?

Thanks

Clive

Reply to
Clive

Have you considered a soft-close device - such as the 970A on page 17 of

(that is PDF page number)? I haven't checked exactly which model is which - one is intended for hinge-side, another for handle side. I guess the mechanism is different for each.

Not sure whether you could see a way to exploit these but they are at least designed to soften a cupboard door as it closes.

Reply to
Rod

As I imagine the situation, won't it tend to make the door flex - and crack the glass if you have a bump stop just at the bottom

Reply to
John

Quite possibly. The PDF does actually suggest fitting top and bottom for heavier doors. (Definitely worth considering.) And all sorts of other helpful fitting information. OP seemed to be thinking of gel pads on skirting only.

Reply to
Rod

=================================== Standard fitting - position at half height:

fit a length of string between door and carcase slightly less than maximum opening.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero