Need to buy a long (bendy?) pole (to stick out a window) that a small satellite dish can clamp on to

I have a 30cm satellite dish (for sky digital)
It's excellent as I can't get freeview and I live in an apartment (do dishes allowed)
At the moment - OLD FLAT - It just sits on the window sill (due to position of window facing correct place in the sky)
But in MY NEW FLAT - SEE PHOTOS - I have to have the dish stick out by about two feet, then point it 90 degrees to the left (bad wording - hard to explain)
so...
Where can i buy a pole that I can stick out the window (PLEASE SEE PHOTO - A SPECIFIC GAP) and how on earth can I stop it falling out ?
Please see photos here:
http://homepage.mac.com/ash.morgan/PhotoAlbum3.html
Given that it's 6th floor and you would be held legally responsible for any accidents, get a professional installer to mount the dish.
Whilst with some experience it isn't terribly difficult to fabricate / install a mounting, it isn't a novice project unless you're certain you can do so safely.
snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com wrote:

I'm not allowed to, otherwise I'd just pay sky or someone to put a dish up.
But point taken - I don't want to die
My landlord would kill me if I had a dish put up.

I had a similar situation in a property I lived in a few years ago, when satellite dishes were 60cm across. I ended up building quite a elaborate bracket out of bits of wood, which clamped to the window sill, and backed it up with bungee cords. I only put it up when I wanted to watch TV, and it wasn't useable in high winds.
You're probably looking at a DIY job, but http://www.satcure.co.uk/ might have something. Presumably you're looking for something that you can fit and remove easily. I'd say you want to make a kind of bracket that "hangs" over the window ledge and has a board that lies flat against the window, which would ensure it points in the same directiion each time it's fitted.. For safety reasons it needs to be very secure, and preferably be backed up by a cord attached to a radiator or something.
Alternativelt, could you make a lightweight 45 degree reflector out of a piece of metal sheet, and temporarily mount that outside the window, while fixing the dish permanently inside.

Why can't you stick the dish on a table by the window - you apear to have a good 'view' from that window????
John Smith wrote:

- glass blocks the satellite signals
- it has to point the left (on the photo) i.e. 90 degrees... so it would have to 'see' through the walls
(in my old house the window happened to be pointing to the right place in the sky)
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com writes

Not quite..some glass blocks sat signals to such a degree that they are unusable as their attenuated too much....
Bin there.. seen through that etc;).......

--
Tony Sayer