Nativespace

For more than 15 years, Nativespace has hosted my website and provided my IP services.

Yesterday I was puzzled by no emails having come in.

Today I found they could not be sent either and my domain is inaccessible.

I have raised tickets with Nativespace but they say they will confirm receipt by sending an email .... to the inaccessible address!

What would you do?

Reply to
pinnerite

Give them another email address to contact you by.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

That usually prompts an email to the first address, asking for confirmation.

Reply to
Colin Bignell

This nativespace?

Their site seems to have a variety of ways to contact them.

Reply to
Richard

Check the means you use to pay them. On the couple of occasions this has happened to me, it was a payment issue. Unusual in these days of direct debit from bank account or credit card, but not impossible.

Reply to
Joe

But he is asking about how to see their response when they do contact him.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Could be something like the credit card has expired, they tried to take a payment and it failed, so they suspended your account. They sent you an email about it - to the suspended email account.

Moral of the story is always give your hosting company an email address that they don't operate.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Indeed, and also your domain host if different. I got caught even after doing that: the contact email address was in a different domain, but one whose MX was in the suspended domain's DNS.

The suspension was for the transfer of registered owner of the domain, through ICANN, not a payment issue, by the way.

Reply to
Joe

Most services have asked me for a separate address as a fall back like a gmail one. I'm assuming you have no telephone contact then? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Mobile number? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Can he not log in on the web site? Surely this is how one would change your password, so should be trusted if you leave them a message with an alternate mode of contact, otherwise how would anyone be able to change their account details. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes we had this from giff gaff. The only remedy they could offer was to start a new account as the old one had got corrupted. We declined as we found a better deal for the mobile data, but in this case more is involved of course. I hope he has the site backed up. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

My domain host simply does not allow you to specify an email address within the domain as your login id or contact address.

Reply to
SteveW

Get yourself a VPN.

You can do anything you like

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The point is that hosting company are protecting their clients, by ensuring that the login/contact email address cannot be cut off if there is a problem with the domain/payment/whatever else.

Reply to
SteveW

.... is the right answer.

I wasn't able to do it previously but I can now.

However, by going onto their site and opening my ticket I found a message telling me that they had swapped to new severs.

Why the hell they cannot tell their customers in advance beats me.

I now have to go through the process of entering the wirdly named servers for every email address and in every device.

So 21st Century.

Bring back the cocoa tins and string I say.

Sorry to have bored you. Just a symptom of my geriactricity.

Regards, Alan

Reply to
pinnerite

Ive had exactly the same problem, website down and no emails coming through, i logged into nativespace website and accessed the email via the support ticket

Reply to
Paul McCormick