Name for cream coated mdf part for kitchen.

Hi, above the microwave there is a piece of mdf that has been cut to size. The cream coating has given up due to the heat rising from the microwave. There is a radius to match the other doors on the other units. It is from a cream Adel Ikea kitchen. What is the part called so I can google for it? picture

thanks

Reply to
misterroy

Try infill panel or filler panel?

Reply to
GB

I don't know about Ikea, they probably call it a Fjnärk, but for a B&Q double oven housing, they call it a filler panel

Reply to
Andy Burns

That's a classy reply, with the accent over the a. :)

Reply to
GB

füçk ?ff.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The part is called whatever the supplier wants to call it. Some would refer to it as 'pelmet'.

TW

Reply to
TimW

if you can't get one to match it's only mdf & paint.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Probably vinyl-wrapped MDF, but paint'll do ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

And either resite the Microwave, though I find Kettles cause more issues, or coat it with something less glued on? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff