Nailgunitis.

Some plonker from nearby here has just been on the news after shooting himself in the heart with a nail gun.

I just wanted to reassure all and sundry that it wasn't me.

On a serious note:

The report stated some 1/4 million people are injured each year playing silly buggers with DIY. Some 70 or so die.

What I was thinking was all the money we save DIOS and a few silly accidents wipe it out.

And how much was spent on saving him that could have saved a village full of children in Niger.

(Not that I really think there is any correlation in the lines of thought with anything that might be possible in reality. Nor do I begrudge the effort and ability to save anyone anywhere.)

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

I would have thought that shooting yourself in the heart would save the NHS loads of money compared with shooting yourself in the foot.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

don't tell John Prescott or he will introduce Part Q...

Peter

Reply to
Peter Andrews

But you have to take into account the accidents and money saved through DIOS instead of leaving things in a dangerous condition. This of course is completely ignored in impact assessments for things like Part P.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Reply to
Tony1

Perhaps she thinks you might try to use it upside down.

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

You really do need a nailgun! I bought a Screwix compressor & nailgun combo

2 years ago and I haven't stopped using it since - one of the most useful tools in the workshop.

Keep the campaign going!

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

Yes he really does. Tell SWMBO that it's a "man" thing and that it will save a lot of money.

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , Andy Hall writes

Let me guess... it'll make his winkie longer, and it'll save money by being less expensive than some other winkie-extensions?

Reply to
MadCow

Oh no. Wider. Better selling proposition.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Exactly. Just like that pair of shoes you really need. And that handbag in the sale that saved you a fortune......

Dave

Reply to
David Lang