My week

I wondered about composting it?

Reply to
GB

So have I. And I'd do it again. Even these days £12 would buy more than enough petrol - or paraffin if you hope to live forever/are attached to your eyebrows ;)

Reply to
Robin

Round here its £5 per 17kg sack.

Reply to
Tim Streater

In message , Tim Streater writes

Obviously, there has been a sudden burst of inflation, or we are posher than you :-).

I checked one local shredding place. The rest all wanted to be contacted for an estimate.

Reply to
Bill

It burns pretty well as long as you've got a good, hot, roaring fire going first, but not just burning paper on paper.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

The place I'm thinking of is in Deal.

Reply to
Tim Streater

When my mate retired from his shop he had a clear out of paperwork and shredded a bit of it himself but was obviously struggling with his 'SOHO' shredder.

Dad used to buy decent gear and had a shredder that would do paper (probably 10 A4 sheets at once), credit cards and CD's.

I offered to shred it all for him and we (the Mrs and I) turned about

6 bank boxes solid with paperwork into quite a few bin liner sized paper sacks (like potato sacks) of shredding's in a couple of sessions and they went into his paper / cardboard recycling bin.

One of us would de-staple / prep the paper and the other shred ... and we would bag up between us.

As long as you got the limit right, it would run continuously without cutting out.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

my shredder will cope with staples so you just pull 10 sheets off and shove them in until you get down to the last bit a shove that in complete with staple.

It will only run for 30 mins at a time though.

I did consider putting a fan on it to cool the motor but I don't use it much these days.

The other mod needed would be a frame to hold the head and take sacks underneath to avoid having to keep emptying the bin as its too small.

Reply to
dennis

In message , "dennis@home" writes

I did that here. I suspect that is why my cheapo shredders all died from lack of short rest periods.

And re T i m's point, my reading of the local council's what to put in which bin, shredded paper is only allowed in the non-recycle bin with the food waste etc.

It's all a bit theoretical here, anyway, because SWMBO has banned me, because of my bad back, from climbing into the loft to throw the bags of paper down

Reply to
Bill

Run the car up it:-)

Reply to
ARW

Did you separate all the pages?

Reply to
GB

It's only wide enough for one wheel. So, the two possible outcomes are:

a) The ramp fails and the car comes crashing down on the front steps. b) The ramp does not fail and the car rolls over.

Reply to
GB

a) is not a problem - ever seen the Italian Job? b) learn to drive on two wheels.

Reply to
ARW

You're lucky, here you can't put it in a bin, it has to be taken to a council tip, and emptied into the skip. This in East Anglia.

Reply to
Davey

If you are really good you can go through a narrow gap and come out on the other wheels like James Bond did.

Reply to
dennis

Did you see the scrapyard full of cars from all the previous takes, before they finally got it right? :)

Reply to
GB

Is a narrow gap an euphemism?

And yes I know it is Diamonds are Forever.

Reply to
ARW

Terry Audin built a lot of them in Stoke on Trent,

Reply to
ARW

Or all the way up the Goodwood hill course ...

Skip to 15m45s (no longer seems possible to include a seek time in the link)

Reply to
Andy Burns

I preferred the version on the Cadbury's advert.

One of my favourites.

Reply to
Bob Eager