Multimeter test probes. What am I missing?

Like eBay item number:321941689411

When I last used these 15-20 years ago, they came with a thin red or black wire attached with a banana plug on the other end.

A banana plug will fit into the hole at the side, and make contact, but it looks rather inelegant and ungainly that way.

Can't help think there is something obvious that I'm missing.

Reply to
Graham.

En el artículo , Graham. escribió:

They usually come with L-shaped shrouded banana plugs these days.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Those aren't probes. More of a clip.

IIRC, you fit those to your own wire.

Don't think that's how they are meant to be connected.

They're pretty crap clips anyway.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Those are not really your typical set of test meter leads. Those are small clips designed for latching onto component leads and IC legs etc.

The often have a small pin that you can push the type of lead commonly found on the end of a logic analyser and some scopes. Some are designed to be fixed to a wire.

This kind of thing is probably closer to what you used in the past:

John Rumm