Multi Way Fuse Holder ??

I want to switch a number of circuits and am considering using the MK Grid range ...

- some of these circuits need to be fused. Is there a neat way of housing multiple fuses? A sort of multi way one of these...

thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

(search on "4890" for the full range of options)

... and a larger grid assembly than you first thought.

Reply to
Andy Wade

Well there is

the same grid range.

What exactly are you trying to do?

John

Reply to
John White

"John White" >

Andy/John,

Many thanks for your responses...

Ahhgg - they didn't show up in my searching... So this fuse holder fits into the grid plate? Yes?

I'm trying to do is (neatly) group the switching of fixed units in a kitchen. Fridge, freezer, oven, microwave, extractor, gas hob etc...

Some of these items will have 3 pin plugs hence no need for a fuse, others - oven, extractor, hob will not have a plug and will need a fuse.

Thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

Yes. You can also get warning lamps in various colours.

The oven *might* be a problem depending on it's maximum rating, also bear in mind that you are looking at putting a lot of wires into the backing box(s) which might cause issues.

Err, IMO you would be better to hard wire all, or use 15 amp three pin *round* (un-fused) plugs and sockets, otherwise you are going to have sockets rated at 30 amps and others at the maximum rating of the grid switch within the kitchen.

This all sounds like it needs careful planning....

Reply to
Jerry

"Jerry"

====clip

Jerry, Many thanks for your advice..

There are in fact two Ovens - one is a 3Kw rating and the other is a small Compact oven rated at 1Kw. Separate circuits. So I think that's not too much of a problem.

There will be ample room behind the switches. I'm expecting to mount them on a panel with a void behind.. I haven't look closely yet but I think I will be using these to hold the grid plate in place...

your point about round sockets. I don't really want to hard wire things like the fridge and freezer. They are free standing units but will built in between other tall units. Hence they could be pulled out for cleaning etc. The sockets will be mounted behind them and are not accessible. Is it necessary to go to round pins in this instance?

I agree about the planning - lots going on.

Thanks, Roy

Reply to
RzB

Grid systems include fuses, neons, cord outlets, dimmers etc as well as switches.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thinking about this a bit more, circuit separation *might* be an issue, normally all circuits within a single 'enclosure' are isolated from a single source.

place...

your flame retarding housing? ISTM that you are looking at having to make a custom enclosure...

If the sockets are going to be behind the unit then IMO yes it's worth the extra work, I know that others on the group disagree though.

How far away from the 'switch panel' will the furthest appliance be?

Reply to
Jerry

Re the Ovens - they are not in the same enclosure.

Hmm.. "flame retarding housing" - Interesting point - I need to think about that.

I'm note sure about the round pin plugs - I'll think about that some more.

Distance - close, well within 2M, probably 1M.

Many thanks for your help. Roy

Reply to
RzB

Very common and perfectly acceptable to have a two or three gang light switch in the hall with upstairs and downstairs circuits therein.

Reply to
dcbwhaley

It's common and unacceptable to share the neutrals. Mine did until it went dark when I disconnected a supposedly unused neutral. I rapidly got that one sorted.

Reply to
<me9

And if using a grid system you can put a warning note behind the plate on the grid so it will be obvious before you get to the live bits.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'd say it's not common - unless you consider bodging common. It's not something anyone with an ounce of sense would do.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)