Msg to Allan Mac re my Wallstar 15/20 oil boiler

Hi again. The heating engineer fitted a new control box (DKO 970) on Monday 19/Nov/12, as well as a new solenoid and a new photocell. This was following advice from Wallstar. I had previously passed on to him what you had said (not mentioning you by name!).

Since Monday the boiler start-ups have got considerably better, but not 100% yet. There have been SIX successful starts on the Danfoss programmer, but TWO failures to start.

However, the LED on the control box (DKO 970) no longer displays a flash code when the boiler has failed to start. Instead, when I take the cover off to access the control box's reset button, the LED is on constantly.

As ever, as soon as I press the Reset button, the boiler starts.

What, do you think, the LED is "saying" when it is on constantly?

Thanks!

PS: On Monday night we had several brief mains power failures in this part of South Lincs. Any significance?

MM

Reply to
MM

I'm sorry, but Allan is not available to read your e-mail at the moment.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q