Motorhome power supply.

I'd hazard a guess that the vast majority of what people regard as sealed cells are actually Yuasa's or clones of Yuasa designs. Drop one on its corner and no liquid actually spills out, actually there is no leakage of anything at all

Compare to a dryfit 'gel' cell from Sonnenschein and you'll see there is little difference in the charging regime.

Yuasa (from the reference previously given page 23)

1st stage is 2.4-2.45v per cell 2nd stage is 2.27 v per cell

Sonnenschein

1st stage is 2.4-2.45v per cell 2nd stage is 2.3v per cell

30mV per cell difference when on float or 180mV per 12v nominal battery

Reply to
The Other Mike

Obviously a Playstation isn't the gizmo I thought it was (never played with one).

Thankfully, our offspring never expressed any interest in computer games.

Reply to
Brian Reay

2.3v per cell on float just happens to be 13.8v So using 13.8v at all times just means it won't re-charge quite so quickly. Also using 13.8v only means you can use a lower power supply than one which can deliver the maximum current into a low battery.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

This is one I purchased recently, though not from this seller:

Fredxx

It certainly looks better than the one I have here. Which looks decidedly home made, case wise. ;-)

But wonder if that unit could be used as a stand alone power supply for

12v stuff in the van, with no battery present? The current one can.
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I haven't tried that. I always have batteries in situ. It's the only way I can provide the additional power for a microwave through a 3kW inverter.

Reply to
Fredxx

It does say reverse polarity protected, so may not even fire up if the battery is totally flat.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

Get a Zig. And I don't think any of my leisure vehicles including, 2 campervans, one motorhome and 5 caravans having a cooling fan.

Reply to
bert

or ham radio ...

Reply to