Morphy richards trouser press timer repair

My Morphy richards trouser press has stopped working.

It is model number 49110. The push start timer unit no longer starts the heater element. The red indicator lamp lights while the timer start button is pressed but goes out when it is released. It should stay on for 20min or so.

Opening the unit up I see a MC14541BCP based timer circuit. However there is a PCB around a diode and resistor has overheated badly. The 1/2 watt resistor value is no longer readable. Anybody able to help with:-

schematic? repair? spares?

I really dont want to end up sending £70 when £1 worth of parts will fix it.

Reply to
Fergus McMenemie