More q re heat pumps

You could pipe the radiators TBOE, but you'd need to reverse the pump direction for cooling compared to heating.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I suppose that would work - not sure how difficult reversing would be. It might work where there's hydraulic separation, but not if they're pumped directly from the ASHP (which can't reverse). Maybe you'd need valves to flip around the rad circuit, keeping the pump going forward.

Wouldn't be ideal even then, as you'd get condensation on the rads.

Fan coils are a better bet...

Theo

Reply to
Theo

They have good fine filters. Never noticed any marks in either the UK or Spain. My son has some in Qatar that are always on. Again not dust. When you clean them you can get a lot of muck out of them....

Dave

Reply to
David Wade

Never noticed anyone doing that, so that's unlikely.

Tho that may be because hardly anyone but you poms use water based CH heating with underfloor or radiators and you lot don't really get many days when cooling is needed.

But I feel the heat more in my feet when I am sitting around in the hottest weather and thats with bare feet which is what I have right thru the spring, summer and autumn.

Not necessarily with the anaemic hot spellsyou lot get.

You wanna try 10 days in a row of 48C max.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I have never heard of anyone here compaining about the noise of the aircon or fans when its too hot to do without.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Yes, but they can be impossible to hear.

That just doesnt work and has been tried by the very desperate.

Never noticed anyone doingf it like that.

But hardly any in the rest of the world uses radiators. They use ducted air or split systems with the inside unit fanned with the unit mounted high.

Reply to
Rod Speed