"Modular Electric Heating"

It's hardwired.

It might be possible to get this fitted under the green deal? (In time for next year!) That way I am not stuck with the costs of it when I move.

(I'm in rented so there is no possibility of a DIY fit and "professional" labour costs will swamp the material costs).

I have tried looking before but you are swamped with thermostats for "wet" systems and it's impossible to know which will work on an electric system unless you already know the keywords that you should look for (which I don't)

Thanks

Reply to
tim.....

Rummage around and you'll see them reporting a "discussion in the pub" with a "gas engineer" who claims that mains gas is poisonous. I note they don't say it themselves, only report that someone else did... and add "* These notes are the opinions of the author only."

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Take it with you, and make good, when you leave.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Try telling TMH that.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I suppose it would have been true forty years ago... Another gem from the same page - "There is a basic principle that cold air is attracted to warm air and never the other way round."

Reply to
docholliday93

It's the "We believe Sunflow heating surpasses..." that rings alarm bells. No scientific tests, no confirmed results, just blind faith.

Reply to
Andrew May

and how am I going to take the holes in the wall with me?

tim

Reply to
tim.....

He's self employed.

He gives his real name and address on his website,

what more do you think that he needs?

tim

Reply to
tim.....

TMH is not, AFAIK, a Ltd Co but a Sole Trader. I'm not sure the rules on stating registered address, registration number etc that apply to Ltd Co's also apply to a Sole Trader. It would be good practice not to hide ones proper contact details, ie where notices can be served etc.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

You don't you move them into the bulk of the flat with Polyfilla.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

which is clearly stated on his website as the name of the Proprietor is given, along with the address.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@r14g2000yqe.googlegroups.com...

According to what he has posted, he set up a limited company to reduce his tax payments. A bit like Starbucks. You can see the registration number on the Companies House Webcheck.

Does he? I believe he moved house recently.

See above.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Good grief. I thought every five year old kid knew that. Before their heads got full of that education stuff...

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

TMH might not be trading from the Ltd Co yet. Perhaps waiting until the changeover in financial or accounting year.

Perhaps he has an arrangement with the new occupier. It has to be an address at which notice can be served, not necessarily the trading address.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I find it scary that they imply you can replace your gas central heating with their heaters and just plug them in.

I was under the impression that fixed heating appliances should be installed on dedicated circuits?

Philip

Reply to
philipuk

They have a way of working around that idea. I am just getting ready for work ATM so I'll explain later - unless Owain tells you - he knows the lies that this sort of company will tell.

Bloody night shift - just done a 9 hour shift and I start back again at

7.30am regardless of what time I get done tonight.
Reply to
ARW

In message , ARW writes

Pah! Lightweight!

I used to finish at 9 after 13 hours, get home ~10:30 then be up at 5 to be in at 7.

Until 11 days ago. Retirement is such a hassle.

Reply to
usenet2012

writes

Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."

Reply to
Steve Firth

writes

You forgot the "" tags.

Reply to
Huge

I'm guessing they just claim they are portable heaters.

Philip

Reply to
philipuk