Modifying a Sodastream

That is how they get that so called 'smooth' taste. Yuck.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Thinking about this, I have never come across any grading in CO2, unlike oxygen that comes in welding and breathable grades.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Have you seen that happen and what was it like from a mile away?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

I once got a supply of a few bottles of compressed air from Air Products (to use for a run of stage productions (bubbling washing powder solution for a particular scene...)). It gave the appropriate ambience (including smell!) to the play!

Just casually I cracked open the valve on one bottle at home VERY slightly and the living room windows gave a severe ping at the rapidly increased pressure in the room.

(I had to open an account with AP to get gas from them - that took a few days, but after that getting almost any gas was a doddle.)

For those that are interested, for the play I gutted a front-loading washing machine and attached a sort of cylinder of polythene from around the door (minus seal) to a plastic bucket hidden in the machine and containing a strong washing powder solution. At the base of the bucket I fitted a Schrader-type valve connected to the aforementioned air supply, the idea being that the washing machine would blow soapy bubbles all over the place...

Amateur dramatics can be really great fun at times.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Just fully-opening the valve on an unsecured oxygen cylinder lying on the ground is exciting enough in the rocketry stakes.

Only oxygen cylinders I've seen explode were probably over-shadowed by the acetylene, and it was indeed a mile or two away.

CO2, through a large dump valve (emptying a cylinder in seconds) tends to be more messy than anything. It makes a vast pile of dry-ice snow, as there just isn't the heat available to vapourise the gas.

Reply to
Andy Dingley