Modern wiper blades

Are the modern single piece wiper blades any better than the traditional ones? Mostly around town driving with the occasional long distance drive.

Reply to
Jim S

I found them a lot better. They are fitted as standard to my latest car but I also retrofitted some to my previously 16 year old car.

Reply to
alan_m

I did not know that they had altered. And the newest car I drive is 4 years old.

Reply to
ARW

This type that have been around for a good number of years (5+ years)

alan_m

Some comparisons

alan_m

Does he have to shout?

Reply to
ARW

Thanks. Looks like Bosch. If watching turn your volume down :)

Reply to
Jim S

Did they cure the horrible scraping noise when its not quite wet enough but too wet to see. This question is not from me, but the noise is a bit of a pain. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Even longer than that. They were original equipment on my 11 year old Citroen Xsara Picasso and they perform very well.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

They are much less prone to it. They don't judder over the whole sweep like traditional blades have a tendancy to do. Any judder, which isn't often, is just after they change direction.

I find them much better than traditional wipers. They follow the screen contours better particularly when it's freezing.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

and thats the worst hair dyed job I've seen in a long time. What did he use, boot polish ?

Reply to
billyorange007

NO !.

My 59 reg Astra H has them and they squeak a lot when there is just misty drizzle or intermittent rain after a long dry spell.

Giving them a scrub with a nailbrush dipped in fairy liquid along their length cleans away the accumulated crap and seems to improve the flexibility of the blades themselves (for a while).

I might try add> Did they cure the horrible scraping noise when its not quite wet enough but

Reply to
Andrew