Mini trunking capacity

Can anyone point me at a simple set of "what cables fit in what trunking" table anywhere? I'd have thought it was a pretty fundamental piece of information but I can't find anything very useful anywhere. Even TLC don't seem to have anything.

I'm specifically interested in the very small sizes like the Screwfix

12mm x 8mm trunking, can you fit a 1.5mm T&E in that?

Neither Screwfix nor Toolstation seem to have the (approx) 25 x 10 trunking that I have a bit of, TLC have 16 x 10, would that be better for 1.5 T&E?

Alternatilve I do have some 1sqmm (I think, it might be 1.5sqmm) single that I could use as the things I'm connecting (outside light, all plastic, PIR, timer switch) don't require an earth/CPC. That might fit in smaller trunking than 1.5T&E.

De-rating isn't an issue, it's only going to be at most two LED lamps at the end of this, 25 watts total maximum. I'll put a 3A fuse in the FCU.

Reply to
Chris Green

2.5 mm TW&E (which I have to hand) is 9.6 x 5.3mm exterior dimension. 1mm 7.2 x 4mm

Don't have 1.5mm to hand.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

If its any help, the table here:

Include the approx outer sheath dimensions for the various cable sizes. Note that there may be variation between brands.

Also there are a number of values of "fit". What you can get into a bit of trunking with a nice straight run of neatly stacked cables is not the same as what you can fit with the occasional twist, or need to change direction or go round a corner.

Generally bigger than you think you need is better. It does not get significantly more fugly in larger sizes, and its much easier to use neatly with plenty of capacity to spare.

Reply to
John Rumm

Yes, I quite agree, spare space always make it easier. However these really are only going to have one T&E cable in them, or maybe (as I said) a pair of singles.

Reply to
Chris Green