Milky Nightmare

Whoah there ! "Property is theft" is not Communist, it's anarchist (Pierre-Joseph Proudhon, "What is property", 1840.).

Students are much more likely to be tossers than they are Communists.

I believe that urine is sterile at source, so it shouldn't do them much harm if 'fridged immediately - in fact they would be unlikely to taste it.

Z.

Reply to
Zoinks

perfect, thank you.

surely the latter, possilby masquerading as the former.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Yes, but come the revolution who will be first up against the wall? Actually, second - I had the Lawyers in mind for first, then the Treasury and IR.

R.

Reply to
Richard A Downing FBCS CITP

Quite probably: I actually had someone say that ( 'property is theft!' ) to me while I was there, so it's not without provenance; the chap who said it to me was eating fish and chips as he spoke but I resisted the temptation to grab a handful whilst repeating his mantra....

At any rate, salt is undetectable by inspection, harmless and gves the drinker a nasty experience so very suited to the subject in hand.

Andy

Reply to
Andy

I used phenolphthalein (the active ingredient of Ex-Lax) to achieve a very similar effect at college. No-one stole my milk again.

Reply to
Huge

Personally, I've gone UHT. Lidl have 1l containers of milk. These are small enough that one person can usually use them before they go off. And the 10/12 packs they come in is a convenient way to buy them. Stack a couple of boxes in a cupboard, and you've got milk for a couple of weeks.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

So your policy is kill the lawyers, then the treasury and the inland revenue and to cap it all not drink milk?

Right on Wolfie.

Reply to
Eric The Viking

We had problems with that at the college I worked at. It was severely frowned upon after doses were increased and someone ended up in hospital after a

*very* severe attack of the squitters.
Reply to
<me9

Better still learn to do without. You will then be set up for life. I can't touch milky tea now. It all tastes cheesy to me.

The same with sugar, only I use saccharine. Easily secreted. (Try some in the milk.) Or how about some titanium oxide? If you can get it to sediment out of acrylic paint it will make him shit golfballs.

Try buying Gold Top if it is still available and tell everyone what a totally different flavour it has and lock it with one of those cheap bike locks whose combination is known to every student.

I used to know a ship's artificer that served on a warship in WW II that had such a problem with a sneak thief. He had an idea who it was, so told a few in his circle that he'd got an whole bar of chocolate. Something difficult for them to get hold of. It was a large bar of laxative.

He said the crook was easily identified once the bar went missing. I wonder if either party caused a stink.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

thats one scary combination :)

NT

Reply to
meow2222

"Andy" wrote

I think that's a fine idea. Pee in it and then the next day stick a label on the milk "I peed in yesterdays milk could you taste it? Today I may or may not have pissed in it - do you feel lucky punk? well do ya?" Of course the actual pissing in the milk would be optional.

HLAH

Label pasted underneath...

"So did I. Maybe..."

Reply to
Andy Hall

Friend of mine tried something like this at school. We had to leave our stuff in our desks even when other classes used "our" room, so he put a note on his lunch-box saying "I have spat on these sandwiches". At lunchtime he discovered an addition. "So have I". Beware, meow!

Douglas de Lacey

Reply to
Douglas de Lacey

I used that also - however, since it is such a potent laxative, I warned the non-offending flatmates to ensure they didn't legitimately "borrow" some. It seems they told everyone else as the milk sat, untouched, in the fridge for about three weeks - it never went off because the phenolphthalein was introduced as an alcoholic tincture which seemed to inhibit any bacterial growth.

It solved the problem as they never pinched my milk again.

(food colouring was more fun, though - loved hearing people claim their brightly coloured breakfast cereals were prepared with their milk!

Reply to
Adrian Berry

hehe, wll rememebr that!

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Probably already been mentioned, but I cannot be bothered going through all the posts. How about buying a pint of milk, leave it hidden in a warm place for a few weeks and then re-introduce it to the fridge? Or do you have access to a cat? I will leave the rest, and the mixing ratios, to your imagination.

Reply to
Grumpy owd man