Milky Nightmare

Hi

Is there something that can be put in milk to teach someone not to nick it? It has to be legal, so no laxatives / hallucinogens / other wacky ideas :)

Bitrex would be ideal if I knew where to get it. Plastic spiders?

thanks, NT

Reply to
meow2222

Brown food colouring and a slap for anyone with suspicious looking porridge...

Reply to
Adrian Berry

Plaster of paris?

Reply to
Eric The Viking

The message from snipped-for-privacy@care2.com contains these words:

A drop of live yoghurt. In a few hours it'll set solid.

Reply to
Guy King

Put a note on the next bottle saying...

You have been videoed,that'll stop em. ;-)

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Chilli oil?

Reply to
Mike Dodd

|Hi | | |Is there something that can be put in milk to teach someone not to nick |it? It has to be legal, so no laxatives / hallucinogens / other wacky |ideas :) | |Bitrex would be ideal if I knew where to get it. Plastic spiders?

Garlic? Onion? Chilies

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

|The message |from snipped-for-privacy@care2.com contains these words: | |> Is there something that can be put in milk to teach someone not to nick |> it? It has to be legal, so no laxatives / hallucinogens / other wacky |> ideas :) | |A drop of live yoghurt. In a few hours it'll set solid.

Only in the summer,

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

The solution is to buy milk with the rest of the shopping at the supermarket. Of course, this does the milkman out of a job, which is sad. When you realise the cost advantage of supermarket milk over doorstep deliveries, you will see the logic of my suggestion - not having it thieved from the doorstep just adds to the saving.

Or you can do what I do, and don't use the stuff - tea (black and green) and coffee tastes much better. To achieve this without 'withdrawal symptoms' you need to phase a changeover to skimmed milk first (mix skimmed with semi gradually until you don't need the semi any more) then phase that out too.

R.

Reply to
Richard A Downing FBCS CITP

But corn flakes taste awful with tea (or coffee) poured on 'em.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

We stopped having it delivered when the milkman delivered (unwanted) extra pints to meet his targets.

Reply to
Bob Eager

True. I eat porridge made with water instead. Reduces Kellogg's profits too - a bonus.

R.

Reply to
Richard A Downing FBCS CITP

I tried coffee with my porrige one morning. Yuk! I'm more careful where I pour the coffee now.

Reply to
<me9

But you're still paying loads for milk in your taxes in terms of subsidies to farmers to produce the stuff.

Reply to
Piers Finlayson

I stopped many years ago when the milkman stopped delivering it before we went to work, so it was 'off' when we got home. We found that the supermarket stuff was much fresher and cheaper, and we didn't end up with a surpless or deficit. Milkman had stopped carrying any extra stock, so "Have an extra pinta" became a non-starter unless you asked for it the day before. I don't think there are any milkman in the most recent two places I've lived.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Salt: I used it to stop other students nicking my milk at uni. They were either commies that thought everyone else's property belonged to them by right ( property is theft, comrade! ) or just thieving bastards. Putting my name on the milk in large letters never stopped anyone filching it so I dosed it with salt. The next day I heard someone complaining the tap water was salty!

I mentioned my little trick to one of the slightly more sensible students and he complained that all the milk in the fridge was communal: I explained to him that I wasn't a communist and if it had my name on it was mine and mine alone. The lie was put to his little explanation when I lost three roast chickens in a row. I got a leg off each of them before the entire bird was pinched. From then on I kept all food and drink in my room. The milk went off quicker but at least I got some.

On a slightly more er, oblique note, you could pee in it. Perhaps not enough for them to taste, but enough to amuse you greatly for the price of some stolen milk!

Andy.

Reply to
Andy

Magic mushrooms.

Henbane Belladonna PVA.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I thought one had to put beer on cornflakes - what's all this 'milk' stuff?

Reply to
Kim Bolton

Leave a pint to go off and swap the bottles....

Reply to
Dr. Compynei

You could only drink tea/coffee in the dark, then you wouldn't know whether it had milk in or not.

Z.

Reply to
Zoinks