Migraine with aura

Anybody recommend a pill for Migraine with aura...been havine them since the mid 90's and they are getting worse....

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

Migraleve always worked for me but having nasal polyps removed provided a pretty well permanent cure.

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

Ask your doc. The interesting things are prescription only.

I'm on Pizotifen. I don't think it stops them, but the after effects are a mild headache instead of having to go to bed for the rest of the day.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

You have a new underlying condition, which is aggravating the migraine.

You complained in a recent thread about "dehydration". But you did not mention whether you had "increased thirst".

I'd want to see a doctor, and have a blood test, and see what had popped out-of-band.

This isn't the migraine doing this all by itself. The migraine is a "hint" you need to check the basics.

******

I had two conditions at one time. I had acephalgic aura. And some number of days after that, I absentmindedly used my blood pressure meter (hadn't used it for months) and my BP was 200/100. Well, after I started getting meds for the BP, I no longer had acephalgic aura. Cured, just like that, by treating the underlying condition, which was my BP.

Paul

Reply to
Paul

good suggestion

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

no

I am never thirsty.....

BP is OK

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

DON'T THINK i WOULD BE ALLOWED TO TAKE THAT

Reply to
Jim Stewart ...

A study found magnesium cleared 100% of migraines. A quick search isn't finding it, but it's a pretty clear pointer to what's going on.

Reply to
Animal

My wife was talking to me about supplements at lunchtime...

links it to migraine, as do
but

"Should magnesium be given to every migraineur? No"

I might give it a go though!

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

illogical & idiotic as usual

that's Rod

Reply to
Animal

My wife has reminded me that I did give it a go some years ago, with no noticeable effect.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris