Mice

So was mine ... he went for his last visit to the vet when he was 21, we were both surprised at how it affected us, We wept as we buried him and that spot is still known as Pippin's. We shall never have another cat.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Mine got run over. He was the sort of cat who would wander into any open house and say hello - completely unafraid of humans. And let kids pick him up. Unfortunately there were some feral cats living in the old hospital grounds and they seemed to go for soft domestic ones - a neighbour who saw the accident says he was being chased by one. Suppose he was seen as competition - which he wasn't after a visit to the vet. ;-)

I would, but it would have to be a kitten born into a loving home. They need to be with humans from day one to be the best pets.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Oh Pippin hated men, especially the dustmen. As far as we know he'd never been mistreated, we got him as soon as he was weaned. When he heard the dustbin vehicle he fled.

He was a great mouser and a wonderful ratter. One blow across the head and they fell, permanently. He hated other cats. He also picked up wasps with his 'hand', looked at them and eat them.

I agree. A stray adopted us but we had to give him away because he was bullied by Pippin and was too daft to run away,. And yet he was a danger to dogs ...

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Ok Insert "Almost" The vet who neutered mine said she had yet to see a *true* male tortoiseshell. I took that to mean it was a chromosome/genetics thing.

-- Mark§ This is an automatic signature of unknown origin

Reply to
Mark

OK, but why not say that in the first place?

... and yet she neutered yours??? Why bother?

I take to mean that she can't tell the difference between males and females.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

In article , Mary Fisher writes

You're right, I mis-read Pete's post, sorry.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

In article , Rick writes

FWIW We have a building out in the sticks which has gaps along some of the walls about an inch or so above the ground. Someone suggested that a temporary and cheap mousy prevention measure was to put some gravel along the gap so that if mousy were to tunnel the gravel would immeaditly collapse and mousy would either give up or get trapped in the gravel.

Dunno what might be better pea shingle or something larger?....

Reply to
tony sayer

Yes, a tablespoon serves well for this. Put the glue trap near a wall between rooms and check them daily.

Reply to
Peter Jason