Metal Halide Floods -indoor types

Has anyone experience of the 70watt metal halide flood lamps ?

Specifically how wide a flood angle are they ? Several places seem to sell them for about £50 but no specification !

I am wanting to use one as a cheap reasonable colour rendition light source for photographing clothes in a charity shop so need to illuminate

1.5 x 1.2m at about 2 metre distance.

Price seems not a great deal more expensive than buying a twin fluorescent fitting and daylight tubes, and much easier to mount in my situation.

The indoor "retail flood" versions seem more expensive - is it just a matter of quality ?

Thanks

Reply to
robert

The quality of light the actual 'bulb' produces very much effects the price.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Single source may give you problems with shadowing.

Around =A350 plus lamp at another 20 usually, exterior ones dont need as nice a fnish.

Downlights are usually plus lamp plus remote gear.

2 fluro strips with high CRI not necessarily high colour temp tubes is going to be more even and half the price.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby