Material for external swing seat cover

The canopy over our 5 year old swing seat (plastic) has become torn and irrepairable. I'd like to make up one myself, but I'm looking for advice as to what type of material to use.

Ideally it would need to be resistant to bleaching in the weather, not so thick that it couldn't be machine sewn to fit and preferably not shrink or expand much in the rain.

Any useful suggestions?

As usual, thanks in advance!

Matt

Reply to
matthew.larkin

IIRC, they used PTFE coated fabric for the Millennium Dome. Doubt it's possible to get hold of. :-(

Reply to
Rod

Waterproof aircraft coverings, etc...

Owain

Hah, decided yesterday to actually do something about a new cover for our swing seat!

I've emailed these people

see if they sell retail amounts. Looks as though the Sattine and Natte fabrics will fit the bill. I'll let you know how I get on with them.

Reply to
The Wanderer

Is it worth making yourself? It's not likely to be easy to sew (if the material was that thin the cover wouldn't very durable). I bought one readymade for ours for 10 or 15 quid; somewhere like B&Q or CoopersOfStortford IIRC.

David

Reply to
Lobster