Mark

I have boarded out my laundry room with celotex, do I have to board over it or can I just leave it

Reply to
mark hamilton

If you have sealed and foiled it, that is all you need to do from the insulating point of view, but seriously, you want a tinfoil coloured room?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

So long as its vapour tight (i.e. foil faces, ali tape on all the joins etc), then you don't need to do more. However it is rather vulnerable to damage like that, so a skin of ply or plasterboard would help protect it and leave you a surface that could be decorated.

Reply to
John Rumm

I wouldn't. You should overlay it with plasterboard, or if money is no option, Fermacell. The former ought to be skimmed because it is a wet room. The latter can be sealed with their proprietory smooth-finish stuff that is ready-mixed, painted on, squeegeed off and fine-sanded when dry.

Reply to
Andrew

Great, that would be amazing man.... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

If it catches fire, it releases cyanide. Plasterboard it.

Reply to
GB

Incidentally, some tumble dryers catch fire when they get full of lint. Our Miele one switched itself off and displayed an error code saying what the problem was. :)

Reply to
GB

Celotex will not catch fire until it is exposed to temperatures much higher than a domestic fire. It will char and pong a bit (hopefully) but that's it. Still a bad idea to leave it unprotected though.

expanded and extruded polystyrene is a different animal, this really will burn furiously and give off lots of deadly smoke.

Reply to
Andrew

...add petrol and you get napalm

Reply to