Makita pressure washer?

Just seen

being pimped in an email from Screwfix.

Seems cheap for a Makita (didn't know they did pressure washers...).

Any views on how good it is - I remember people saying you wanted to avoid plastic heads to the pump... this claims to have a wobble disc pump. Aren't they normally piston pumps?

Makita wouldn't badge crap....would they?

Darren

Reply to
dmc

They don't :-) Badge engineering. Prolly made by FAIP or similar.

The wobble disc/swash plate drives the pistons.

Probably not knowingly, but pressure washers aren't their business, so they wouldn't know them in depth,

Induction motor is a good thing. 'Double sealed pistons' is good marketing speak!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Should have added;

The Medway Handyman

How about:

David

better flow rate, decent hose length, 2 year warranty. Twice the price of the Makita though.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Why is an equivalent Karcher so expensive?

Is an aluminium pump a very good thing?

I just tried out the new Nilfisk pressure washer we have and it's great- it is the 100 pound one from cleanstore, my only gripe is the universal motor but we only use it a few times in a year so I hope it's not going to give us trouble.

Reply to
David

You right; ://

David

Marketing would be my guess.

No, aluminium is just a good thing, brass is a very good thing. 'Engineering Plastic' is a pile of s**te.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thanks for the information.

Reply to