Makita combi & 2 x li ion batts...

Makita 18v Li-ion Combi Drill with 2 x 1.3AH batteries only £82.50 Ex-VAT (code: 824901)

Tradepoint (b&q trade desk)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

I'm tight for time researching this as I need to buy something first thing tomorrow so may ask if you know if these are standard Makita batteries or special ones as part of a deal for B&Q which won't be interchangeable on other kit? I can't find a clear-cut answer on t'web but some suggest the latter.

Reply to
Robin

Australian tools may be different, but I bought a drill with 1.3AH batteries a while back not realising said batteries cannot be used to drive saws and other tools. Had to start again with 3.0AH batteries and charger. But if you just want a drill this one may be fine.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

er you want me to google it for you?! £30/hr up front please ;>)

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

I thought your recommendation was based on your having bought/used the kit so you would know for sure just which batteries were included. So thanks for the recommendation but I think I'll pass on your generous offer to do further research to improve on my searches (which FWIW showed the model B&Q list is not shown on Makita's UK site; and is shown (minus the last digit) on overseas sites only with a 1.1Ah LXT battery, not the 1.3Ah B&Q show).

In any event the builders working opposite lent me (as they described it!) "a totally knackered old piece of shit" which has done nicely to finish off the job this morning so I'm no lopnger under the immediate time pressure.

Reply to
Robin

not a recommendation - just a heads up, folk are usually asking on here for any offers etc etc

yes it's easy enough when you know how or with a bit of practice and free t ime... ;>)

BTW the "2" probably refers to the "2" batteries that were in the offer at BnQ?

Other info is available from Makita's assorted worldwide sites. I can't thi nk they would tool up to make something "just" for B&Q...

Phew! Glad you finished (and found time to google & reply) by 11am - shurel y now time for a long lunch!

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

OK. My mistake. Sorry.

Reply to
Robin

In message , Robin writes

I suspect not BIMBW. The LXT range batteries are interchangeable. When I bought mine the price was the same.

Reply to
bert